Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Don't Worry, Be Happy

You can sing the Title of today's post to the tune of "Don't Worry, Be Happy" if you wish. It made us feel giddy, so we highly recommend it.

Something that often gets into our way of seeing beautiful is worry. Glenn Turner said, "Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere." Some interesting statistics about worry might help give us some perspective:

 So when it comes down to it, worry is really just wasting the time we could be using seeing beautiful.

As you feel worry creeping in today, remember the wheel. Where does your worry fall on the wheel? Is it a real issue you can do something about? Great, do it. If not, shift your focus to seeing beautiful. It's better for you!


8 comments:

  1. These are interesting statistics and I like how it's displayed in the pie chart. The graph certainly helps put the things that we stress about in perspective. 40% of our worrying is about things that will never happen? Hmm. That is a serious time waster - time would could be focusing on seeing beautiful instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am printing this out- so i can see it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool and true wheel! My worry these days is mostly about time and feeling like I don't have enough of it.. and for that I just need to better arrange and priorities my time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS!! I am so printing it out and putting one up on my fridge and one in my office! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting perspective....never thought of it as this.....thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funnily enough, I teach a similar lesson with my 7-8 year class. We look at problems which are likely, unlikely to happen and those which we can and can't do things about. As much as I teach this, I find it hard to follow it myself! Great inspiration!

    Just stopping by from Coffee Talk.
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is a fantastic reminder to 'not sweat the small stuff" Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so true! It's amazing how only 8% of our worries can actually be solved. I know I spend way too much worrying! I'm going to keep this in the back of my mind to help keep things in perspective. Thanks!

    Thanks for sharing this with us at Rub Some Dirt On It!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts & helping others see beautiful too!